The Internet has leveraged and touched every aspect of human life conspicuously, and recruitment in companies and other organizations are no exception. Thanks to the rising demand for human capital everywhere. Today every organization has to depend on the internet to find professionals who will work for them. Job portals are the websites available on the Internet where you can advertise your vacancies and search for resumes for hiring purpose. These Job Portal acts as a gold mine for the recruiters looking for perfect candidates.
Here are a few tips to ensure you get the most out of job portals for recruitment:
- KNOW YOUR MODEL CANDIDATE
You will not be able to attract the right candidates for the job if you haven’t identified your model candidate. It is essential that you identify the prospective employee’s characteristics, motivation, skills, and preferences so that the candidate is a good fit for your company. Identifying your Model candidate is a multiple and challenging step process but it is worth the effort.
- SPECIAL KEYWORDS TO TARGET SUITABLE CANDIDATES
There are lakhs of candidates who have registered themselves on the Job Portal. Similarly, every day hundreds of new vacancies are posted on the job website. It is essential to ensure that only worthy candidates are shortlisted for the job and for this; relevant keywords associated with the Job opening should be used. This technique will assist the search engine to recognize the job posting when searched with those unique keywords by any candidate and this will relieve you from the menace of receiving futile profiles.
- BOAST YOUR EMPLOYER BRAND
You can use the Job Portals where you can present your short Company Story giving details about the mission, vision and work culture of the Company in the positive light with the objective of attracting the best talents .Also remember that the current employees are your brand ambassadors and involving them will create a strong employer brand.
- CRAFTING APPEALING JOB DESCRIPTION
The following tips should be kept in mind before crafting Job Description:
- Create a comprehensible job title and avoid Jargons.
- Provide all relevant Job related information like Job location, primary duties, Compensation Package, Job Specification and even work culture etc.
- Let candidates know what your company does and explain why someone would want to work with your company.
- LEARN THE ART OF SOURCING RESUMES FROM JOB PORTALS
Job portals have accumulated Crores of resumes in this way and the employers can search these resumes by using Boolean search to find candidates who match their eligibility criteria. Here’s what the employers should do:-
- Identify your Search Criteria: You should be very clear and specific about what you are looking for and should narrowly design your criteria
- You need to research various Job portals: This research is necessary to find out the best portal
- COMMENCE CONVERSATION & REGULAR FOLLOW UP
If you have been successful in searching the right candidates for the job it is necessary that you connect with them. You should initiate conversation with them through mobile phone, emails etc and should make up a point for a regular follow up.
- RUN AFTER YOUR TALENT
Don’t wait around for the right job seekers to apply. Instead, you should act proactively and try to search them yourself.
These tips will surely help the recruiters and the recruiting Organizations in hiring the best talent and generating a talent pool.
Are you looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? SimplyRecruit can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process.